Jonnatan Jossemar Cordero
I am a maker who truly enjoys learning, teaching, creating, and experimenting. I believe that complex problems must be first solved at the human level and then at the technological one.
|Website||https://jossemargt.com||Languages||Spanish (Native), English (Proficient)|
| Senior Lead Platform Engineer | Jun. 2022 - Currently | Alongside the platform team, we are pursuing better practices and redefining our delivery/communication processes. With the sole goal of improving the engineering culture, which positively impacts the product development velocity, reliability, and visibility.
3Pillar Global / SUSE Rancher
| DevOps Techlead | Dec. 2021 - May 2022 | As a 3Pillar DevOps consultant, I had the opportunity to assist the SUSE Rancher team to automate their release and delivery processes for RKE2 and K3S Kubernetes distributions.
| Infrastructure Engineering Manager - MTS2 | Sep. 2020 - Nov. 2021 | As a corporative leader, I supported the Build and Orchestration team while we drove Xoom’s CI/CD platforms and processes to converge with PayPal ones. The most important tasks in this role were all the ones that allowed the team to keep learning, growing, improving, and delivering.
Xoom, a Paypal Service
| Infrastructure Tooling Engineer - MTS1 | Mar. 2015 - Sep. 2020 | Alongside the Xoom Infrastructure Tooling team, we were able to disrupt how a whole company delivers its product by adopting new technologies, automating everyday tasks, re-structuring human processes, and defining deployment models using immutable infrastructure and continuous delivery concepts within a hybrid cloud.
| Co-Founder | Jan. 2014 - Dec. 2014 | Alongside a college friend, we took the challenge of raising a self-funded startup with the primary goal of helping small businesses enhance their online presence quickly and simply with a self-serve experience.
| Consultant and Freelance Full Stack/Hybrid Mobile Developer | Dec. 2010 - Mar. 2015 | Working independently, I had the opportunity to contribute to several projects regardless of their programming language. From implementing websites and CMS themes to supporting teams while creating CRMs and hybrid mobile applications.
- Certified Kubernetes Adminitrator, Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Packer, Terraform, systemd, git, gradle, maven
- AWS, GCP, GNU Linux system administration, Jenkins DSL’s
- Angular.js, Ionic, cordova, less, sass, rspect, beaker, servespec, karma, jest, spock, junit
- MongoDB, MaribaDB, PostgreSQL, etcd, Zookeeper
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering and Computer Science, Curriculum Completed
| Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, Guatemala City | November 2013
Most of my talks are tracked by the jossemargt/talks repository, and these are the 5 latest ones:
- Crea tu propio laboratorio de Kubernetes - Día 2 - Kubernetes Guatemala, virtual, Oct. 2022
- 1 2 3 Automate! - virtual, Jul. 2022
- kiss4slides - 3Pillar Tech nuggets, virtual, Dec. 2021
- The DevOps Paradox - Xoom Tech Meet Up, Guatemala City, Jul. 2019
- Microservices and you - Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, Guatemala City, Sep. 2018